Building 2 way trust in the Workplace
Do you want more 2 way trust into your workplace?
We are all wired differently. Personalities differ from person to person and so the capability of individuals to recognise their own emotions and those of others – emotional intelligence as we call it – in the workplace, takes time and energy.
But if you’ve ever worked in a toxic work environment, you’ll agree that empathy is crucial to a comfortable and therefore, a productive workspace.
It takes Leaders and Individuals with high emotional intelligence to build 2 way trust in the workplace.
What does 2 way trust looks like in the workplace
- Leaders feel confident the job will get done wherever the employee is working
- People speak openly and respectfully without fear of upsetting co-workers or leaders
- Teams celebrate creativity and question norms
- When new initiatives are introduced, Employees are curious and resilient
- Flexibility is present in both thought and actions
- Active listening in meetings is the norm.
- Workers find a compassionate ear when needed – we all have bad days.
- Employees are trusted to work away from the office and are managed by outcomes not presenteeism
An old fashioned perception of leadership is that a leader must not show emotions. However, a Smart Leader is able to understand, manage and adjust emotions so that they adapt to environments, achieve goals and motivate those around them to do the same.
It’s not rocket science
It’s about understanding that everyone is different and finding out what makes people ‘tick’. But it does take effort to embed and you can begin by learning how you can build trust in your business on our Smart Leaders Programmes.
But building trust 2 ways is what vital for successful Smart Working. So why not invite your teams to build their individual skills too. Arrange one of our 2 hour Smart Team Skills Workshops.
Building 2 way trust in your workforce does not happen by accident. For Smart Leaders, however, it’s intentional!
Want to build 2 way trust in your business?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a kick off workshop for your top team as that’s where 2 way trust starts – at the top.